These are the list of basic SQL Questions and Answers for freshers and experienced both. prepare well because these questions can be asked in SQL MCQ based aptitude test at the time of job Interviews.
Q.1 What does SQL stands for?
1. Structured query language
2. Strong question language
3. Structured question language
4. Separate query language
Q.2 What is the use of SQL ?
1. Storing data in database
2. Manipulating data in database
3. Retrieving data in database
4. All of the above
Q.3 Which SQL statement is used to extract data from the database?
Q.4 Which SQL statement is used to return only different values?
Q.5 Which is the right syntax for DISTINCT SQL statement?
1. SELECT DIFFERENT column1, column2, … FROM table_name;
2. SELECT DISTINCT column1, column2, … WHERE table_name;
3. SELECT DISTINCT column1, column2, … FROM table_name;
Q.6 You can add a row using SQL in a database with which of the following?
Q.7 The command to remove rows from a table ‘CUSTOMER’ is:
1. REMOVE FROM CUSTOMER
2. DROP FROM CUSTOMER
3. DELETE FROM CUSTOMER WHERE
4. UPDATE FROM CUSTOMER
Q.8 Which command is used to specify the number of records to return?
2. SELECT TOP
4. SELECT SPECIFIC
Q.9 The SQL WHERE clause:
1. Limits the column data that are returned
2. Limits the row data are returned
3. Both A and B are correct
4. Neither A nor B are correct
Q.10 The wildcard in a WHERE clause is useful when?
1. An exact match is necessary in a SELECT statement.
2. An exact match is not possible in a SELECT statement.
3. An exact match is necessary in a CREATE statement.
4. An exact match is not possible in a CREATE statement.